Dr. Joe J. Bernal Middle School PTA Wants You!
The PTA Nominating Committee of Dr. Joe J. Bernal Middle School is at work to recruit a strong, dedicated executive board for the 2014 – 2015 school year. Be a part of this exciting inaugural year by contributing your unique experiences. Board meetings will be held once a month, and general meetings will be held four times during the school year.
No prior experience is necessary PTA is looking for reliable team players who want to be involved, have fun, and make a difference. The time commitment will vary according to the board position. Below are the board officer positions with a brief description.
If you are interest in being a part of the 2014 – 2015 executive board, please contact the principal, Glenda Munson at Glenda.Munson@nisd.net by April 25, 2014.
· Preside at all meetings of the association.
· Coordinate the work of the officers and committees of the association.
· Represent the Local PTA as a delegate to the Council PTA.
· Serve as an ex-officio member of all committees except the nominating and financial reconciliation committees.
Vice President of Family Engagement
· Coordinate communication and activities between school and community
Vice President of Programs
· Coordinate and schedule programs that provide information on family engagement, parent education and child advocacy.
· Record the minutes of all meetings of the association.
· Be responsible for correspondence.
- Have custody of all the funds of the association.
- Keep books of account and records including bank statements, receipts, budgets, invoices, paid receipts and canceled checks in accordance with the records retention policy.
- Make disbursements in accordance with the budget adopted by the association.
- Present a financial report, both written and verbal, at every meeting of the Local PTA.
- Complete and file all necessary tax documents.
**All board members are expected to attend monthly board meetings and the general membership meetings.