The mission of the Northside Professional Library is to serve and support the staff of the Northside Independent School District with professional resources on trends, developments, techniques, and research in all areas of preK-12 education.
Resources and services available include:
- Over 6,800 books, videos, audiobooks, and kits related to:
- classroom management, building relationships with students
- instructional strategies leading to student engagement and achievement
- teaching in specific content areas
- guidance & counseling, social & emotional learning
- administration, leadership, coaching, professional learning communities
- diverse learners: special education, gifted & talented, English language learners, economically disadvantaged, equity & diversity
- Professional eBooks and audiobooks
- Online journal databases
- Phone and email reference service
- Research assistance
- Resource lists of subject area holdings
- Independent book studies for Teacher Choice credit
Professional Library holdings can be searched through the Northside online library catalog. Most items can be ponied to and from Northside campuses and departments. Items are checked out for 30 days, with flexible renewal options.
Northside employees may contact the Professional Resource Librarian for information on accessing eBooks and databases or with any other questions.