Pre-Kindergarten registration will be held at your neighborhood school beginning May 4, 2015 during normal school hours. Registration for children attending Boldt Elementary will occur at their current home campus. Verify which campus your child should attend by using the NISD School Boundaries Information System at http://www.nisd.net/boundaries-and-buses.
In order to be eligible for the Pre-Kindergarten Program, state law (Texas Education Code §29.153) requires that children must be 4 years old on or before September 1st and (one of the following)
unable to speak or comprehend the English language (speak another language other than English)*
educationally disadvantaged—(eligible to participate in the National Free/Reduced Lunch Program)
come from a family whose parent or official guardian is "active-duty" military personnel or whose parent/guardian was killed or injured while on active duty.
- have been in the conservatorship (foster care) of the Department of Family and Protective Services (DFPS) following an adversary hearing.
*Children who speak a language other than English will need to be assessed for oral language proficiency; please call 397-8158 to schedule an appointment no later than July 1.
- birth certificate –original copy (photocopies will not be accepted)
- immunization record –updated record
- proof of residence –current electric bill, telephone bill, apartment lease, "closing papers" from a home purchase (mobile phone bills will not be accepted)*
- social security card (optional) –of child being registered
- proof of (gross) income –current paycheck stub(s): 4 pay stubs if paid weekly, 2 pay stubs if paid twice a month or every two weeks, 1 pay stub if paid once a month. Families receiving Food Stamps must bring the NOTICE OF ELIGIBILITY; families on TANF must bring the BENEFIT LETTER.
*In the event that a family is living with another family or for some other reason cannot meet district requirements for proof of residency, the family may enroll the child by completing a notarized AFFIDAVIT OF RESIDENCE. An AFFIDAVIT OF RESIDENCE requires both the parent/guardian of the child and the resident to appear before the school principal (or designee), present photo ID’s, a copy of the resident’s proof of residency as evidenced by a current utility bill (current or prior month).
Additional Documentation for Military Personnel
In addition to providing the "Documentation Required" (items 1-4) listed above, please review the following documentation for registration:
Student Teacher Ratio
7:45 a.m—10:45 a.m.
11:30 p.m.—2:45 p.m.
Mathematics, Language Arts, Science, and Social Studies
- Frog Street Press