Pre-Kindergarten registration information for the 2014-2015 school year will be posted on April 7, 2014. Find out which campus your child should attend by using the NISD School Boundaries Information System at: nisd.net/boundaries-and-buses.
INFORMACIÓN DE INSCRIPCIÓN
La información de inscripción para el programa de Pre-Kinder en el año escolar 2014- 2015 será publicada el 7 de abril 2014. Puede verificar su dirección y área de asistencia en la página nisd.net/boundaries-and-buses.
In order to be eligible for the Pre-Kindergarten Program, state law (Texas Education Code §29.153) requires that children must be 4 years old on or before September 1st and (one of the following)
unable to speak or comprehend the English language (speak another language other than English)*
educationally disadvantaged—(eligible to participate in the National Free/Reduced Lunch Program)
come from a family whose parent or official guardian is "active-duty" military personnel or whose parent/guardian was killed or injured while on active duty.
- have been in the conservatorship (foster care) of the Department of Family and Protective Services (DFPS) following an adversary hearing.
*Children who speak a language other than English will need to be assessed for oral language proficiency; please call 397-8158 to schedule an appointment no later than July 1.
- birth certificate –original copy (photocopies will not be accepted)
- immunization record –updated record
- proof of residence –current electric bill, telephone bill, apartment lease, "closing papers" from a home purchase (mobile phone bills will not be accepted)*
- social security card (optional) –of child being registered
- proof of (gross) income –current paycheck stub(s): 4 pay stubs if paid weekly, 2 pay stubs if paid twice a month or every two weeks, 1 pay stub if paid once a month. Families receiving Food Stamps must bring the NOTICE OF ELIGIBILITY; families on TANF must bring the BENEFIT LETTER.
*In the event that a family is living with another family or for some other reason cannot meet district requirements for proof of residency, the family may enroll the child by completing a notarized AFFIDAVIT OF RESIDENCE. An AFFIDAVIT OF RESIDENCE requires both the parent/guardian of the child and the resident to appear before the school principal (or designee), present photo ID’s, a copy of the resident’s proof of residency as evidenced by a current utility bill (current or prior month).
Additional Documentation for Military Personnel
In addition to providing the "Documentation Required" (items 1-4) listed above, please review the following documentation for registration:
Student Teacher Ratio
7:45 a.m—10:45 a.m.
11:30 p.m.—2:45 p.m.
Mathematics, Language Arts, Science, and Social Studies
- Frog Street Press