Pre-Kindergarten Registration will be held at the Northside Activity Center 7001 Culebra Road, July 8-11 2013; see the schedule below for dates. Parents who are unable to register their child on the assigned date may register their child at the home campus beginning August 1st. Find out which campus your child should attend by using the NISD School Boundaries Information System at: nisd.net/boundaries-and-buses
- Click here for Monday schedule
- Click here for Tuesday schedule
- Click here for Wednesday schedule
- Click here for Thursday schedule
Información de inscripción
Inscripción para Pre-Kindergarten se llevaran acabo en Northside Activity Center 7001 Culebra Road del 8 al 13 de julio. Vea las fechas del horario abajo. Los padres que no puedan asistir en la fecha indicada podran inscribir a su hijo/a en la escuela asignada comenzando el 1o de agosto. Puede verificar su dirección y área de asistencia en la pagina nisd.net/boundaries-and-buses.
- haga clic aquí para lunes programar
- haga clic aquí para martes programar
- haga clic aquí para miercoles programar
- haga clic aquí para jueves programar
In order to be eligible for the Pre-Kindergarten Program, state law (Texas Education Code §29.153) requires that children must be 4 years old on or before September 1st and (one of the following)
unable to speak or comprehend the English language (speak another language other than English)*
educationally disadvantaged—(eligible to participate in the National Free/Reduced Lunch Program)
come from a family whose parent or official guardian is "active-duty" military personnel or whose parent/guardian was killed or injured while on active duty.
- have been in the conservatorship (foster care) of the Department of Family and Protective Services (DFPS) following an adversary hearing.
*Children who speak a language other than English will need to be assessed for oral language proficiency; please call 397-8158 to schedule an appointment no later than July 1.
- birth certificate –original copy (photocopies will not be accepted)
- immunization record –updated record
- proof of residence –current electric bill, telephone bill, apartment lease, "closing papers" from a home purchase (mobile phone bills will not be accepted)*
- social security card (optional) –of child being registered
- proof of (gross) income –current paycheck stub(s): 4 pay stubs if paid weekly, 2 pay stubs if paid twice a month or every two weeks, 1 pay stub if paid once a month. Families receiving Food Stamps must bring the NOTICE OF ELIGIBILITY; families on TANF must bring the BENEFIT LETTER.
*In the event that a family is living with another family or for some other reason cannot meet district requirements for proof of residency, the family may enroll the child by completing a notarized AFFIDAVIT OF RESIDENCE. An AFFIDAVIT OF RESIDENCE requires both the parent/guardian of the child and the resident to appear before the school principal (or designee), present photo ID’s, a copy of the resident’s proof of residency as evidenced by a current utility bill (current or prior month).
Additional Documentation for Military Personnel
In addition to providing the "Documentation Required" (items 1-4) listed above, the following documents are also needed for registration:
For Uniformed Service Member that is active duty
–Department of Defense identification (DoD photo identification).
For a Uniformed Service Member that is an active member of mobilized Reservist or member of the Texas National Guard
–"Statement of Service" or an official letter from a commander.
For a Service Member who dies or is killed
–a copy of the death certificate using the Service appropriate Department of Defense form, or a Department of Defense form indicating the reason for the separation from the service was because of death while serving on active duty, or memorandum signed by the Casualty Office stating that the Service member was killed in action or died while serving.
For an Active/Mobilized Uniformed Members of Texas National Guard (Air or Army Guard) or Active/Mobilized Reservists injured while serving on active duty
–copy of the Purple Heart orders or citation. If Service member was not wounded or injured in combat (and was hospitalized or lost 24 hours of duty) a copy of the Line of Duty Determination documentation or a copy of an official letter from a commander stating the Service member was wounded or injured while on active duty.
For an Active Duty Uniformed Service Member "Missing in Action"
–any one of the following:
- copy of the transmittal letter from the Service Secretary stating the service member is in a missing status;
- a copy of the Department of Defense Form 2811, "Report of Proceedings by Initial/Subsequent Board of Injury or Further Review Board;"
- a copy of the Department of Defense Form 2812, "Commander's Preliminary Assessment and Recommendations Regarding Missing Person."
Student Teacher Ratio
7:45 a.m—10:45 a.m.
11:30 p.m.—2:45 p.m.
Mathematics, Language Arts, Science, and Social Studies
- Frog Street Press