Zachry Standard Dress
Guidelines for Shirts
- Red, black, white or grey t-shirts, collared polo shirts, or dress shirts (short or long sleeves).
- Zachry, Warren, Taft, Magnet high school, college, or Zachry club or spirit shirts are allowed.
- Undershirt/camisole must be solid white, red, black or grey
- Inappropriate, indecent, suggestive, low-cut, excessively tight, or distracting shirts may not be worn.
Guidelines for Pants
- Solid black, grey, or khaki/tan full length pants, cargo shorts, capris, skirts, or jumpers.
- Gym shorts, tights, stretch pants, warm-ups, sweat pants, leggings, or jeggings may not be worn.
- Skirts, jumpers, or shorts should be no higher than 4 inches above the middle of the knee cap.
- Shirts, pants, or shorts with holes or rips may not be worn.
Guidelines for Shoes
- Shoes must have a back or back straps
- Shoes with heels should not exceed 1 ½ inches in height
- PE/Athletics require athletic or tennis shoes and science labs require closed toe shoes.
Guidelines for Head Gear
- Hoods, hats, head gear, or bandanas are not to be worn inside the building.
- Sunglasses are not to be worn inside the building.
Guidelines for Grooming/ Jewelry
- Tattoos must not be visible at anytime while on campus
- Wallet chains and dog collars are not allowed.
- Body piercing jewelry is prohibited except for rings, studs or other traditional jewelry worn in the ear.
- Tongue rings and tongue studs are not permitted.
- No metal studs, chains or other decorative accessories
- Hair must be colored a natural color
- Skin should be free of writing or stickers
Guidelines for Outer Wear
- Hoodies, sweaters or light weight jackets may be worn during the school day in these colors: red, white, black or grey, in addition to a standard dress shirt worn underneath.
- Zachry sponsored outer wear is permitted in addition to a standard dress shirt.
- Winter coats may be worn to school and placed in a back pack or carried while in the building.
Northside Dress Code
**Can be worn during Northside Dress days or students may purchase free dress with CLAWS tickets
1. Shorts and skorts are allowed, but must be no more than four inches above the top of the kneecap.
2. In grades three through twelve, skirts, dresses, and culottes must be no more than four inches above the top of the kneecap. There should not be a cut or slit in the clothing that extends beyond the four inch limit. These requirements also apply to school uniforms.
3. Appropriate footwear must be worn; footwear which has toes reinforced with steel, hard plastics or similar materials are specifically prohibited.
4. Hair must be neat and clean. Unconventional colored, multi-colored or spiked or Mohawk hair styles are not permitted.
5. Headwear must not be worn in buildings.
6. Any clothes that are suggestive or indecent or which cause distraction are not acceptable. Specifically, oversized clothing, tank tops, muscle shirts, halter tops, spaghetti straps, exposed backs or midriffs, and see-through garments are not permitted.
7. Indecent/inappropriate patches, writings, or drawings on clothing are prohibited.
8. All pants are to be full length (Capri pants should be no less than four inches below the bottom of the kneecap) and worn at the waist (no “sagging” or “bagging”). Tight fitting pants (e.g., tights, Spandex, bicycle pants) D-9 are also prohibited. Cut-offs and intentionally frayed pants are also prohibited.
9. Body piercing jewelry is prohibited except for rings, studs or other traditional jewelry worn in the ear. Tongue rings and tongue studs are not permitted.