Welcome to the Out of School and Out of District Information site!
Northside ISD has registered with the Texas Education Agency as an Out of School (OOS) and Out of District (OOD) state testing site. NISD provides one central testing location for OOS and OOD state testing. Only STAAR state assessments will be administered at the site. The NISD site is the Student Services Center - Testing Annex (Behind Student Services Building) located at 5651 Grissom Road. Individual high school campuses will not serve as OOS or OOD sites.
- NISD will only test on the dates posted on the OOS/OOD Testing Calendar.
- Students must pre-register with ETS by the deadlines provided by TEA. NISD does not allow walk-in registration.
- Check-in requires a pre-registration form and valid photo identification.
- Students may begin the check-in process at 7:30 am on the date of testing.
- Forms of photo identification accepted by NISD may be a campus ID, driver's license, military ID or passport. Students without a valid photo ID will not be allowed to test.
- Students must plan to arrive at the test site, check-in and be seated prior to the start time of the test. Once a test session starts, NISD will not allow late check-in's to test.
- NISD will offer one test session date that will begin at 8 am. Refer to the OOS/OOD Testing Calendar for specific date.
- Students must follow district dress code guidelines or will not be allowed to check in and test.
- NISD does not provide lunch for students.
- Students who have completed testing may turn in the test materials and leave the testing site.
- Test results will be sent to last home campus of the student. Students must contact last home campus for test results.
Students who will be away from their home districts, also called out-of-district (OOD) students, for the April/May 2018 State of Texas Assessments of Academic Readiness (STAAR®) end-of-course (EOC) administration can register to take the necessary assessments at any participating Texas campus. In addition, out-of-school (OOS) examinees can register to take the necessary STAAR EOC assessments at any participating Texas campus.
For the April and May 2018 STAAR EOC administration, OOD and OOS examinees must register online. (You must use Google Chrome in order to use the registration link). The OOD and OOS test site directory with the list of participating campuses can be found online on the registration form. The specific dates and times for each assessment can be found on the registration form as well.
Based on recent legislative actions, the Texas Assessments of Knowledge and Skills (TAKS) tests are no longer being administered. Former TAKS examinees (including former Texas Assessment of Knowledge and Skills [TAAS] and Texas Educational Assessment of Minimal Skills [TEAMS] examinees) can take the appropriate State of Texas Assessments of Academic Readiness (STAAR®) test. STAAR may be used as an alternate assessment to meet graduation testing requirements for former TAKS, TAAS, and TEAMS examinees.
April 2018 STAAR EOC OOD and OOS registration window is now open and closes on February 2, 2018. The May 2018 STAAR EOC OOD and OOS registration is also open and closes March 2, 2018. The assessments will be administered as follows:
- April 10, 2018- English I
- April 12, 2018- English II
- May 7, 2018- Algebra I/TAKS Math (STAAR Alternate Assessment)
- May 9, 2018- Biology/TAKS Science (STAAR Alternate Assessment)
- May 10, 2018- US History/TAKS Social Studies (STAAR Alternate Assessment)