Clinical Teacher Placements
Clinical Teacher placements for students in universities, as well as to selected alternative certification programs.
University Professors and Alternative Certification Program Coordinators
The Northside ISD Office of Professional Learning must approve all requests for university clinical teacher placements.
- Universities will submit the Clinical Teacher Placement list (excel spreadsheet) as an email attachment. Please do not include any confidential student data (DOB or SSN) on the spreadsheet. Reference District Calendar for start and end dates.
- Direct each student to the on-line Practicum Agreement/Criminal History Authorization request and Acceptable Use Policy. No paper forms will be accepted. Due to COVID-19, allow 2-3 weeks for processing.
- All university students must clear the criminal history check before receiving their clinical teacher assignment.
- Universities will notify teacher candidates of their assignments.
- Download Placement Request (.xls spreadsheet)
University Students and Alternative Certification Program Candidates
The Northside ISD Office of Professional Learning must approve all requests for university clinical teacher placements. Please contact your university if you are interested in a clinical teacher placement at a campus in the Northside ISD. Your university must complete a Clinical Teacher Placement spreadsheet and submit it to the Office of Professional Learning.
- University students should not contact the campus or the District office.
- University students must complete the on-line Practicum Agreement/Criminal History Authorization request and Acceptable Use Policy. No paper forms will be accepted.
- University students must have a satisfactory outcome of the criminal history check before clinical placement is approved.
- Due to COVID-19, allow 2-3 weeks for processing.
- Questions? Contact your University.
Learn about the different programs offered at Northside.
last updated 6-22-20