Title 1 Family Engagement Conference
FFriday, September 27, 2019
8:00am - 2:30pm
Northside Activity Center; 7001 Culebra Rd, San Antonio, TX, 78238
CALL 210-397-8930 to register for the conference today!
The conference this year will feature Andres "The Cuban Guy."
Andres has appeared in famous radio shows and been featured in countless newspapers all around the country. However, not everything came on a silver spoon for him. You see, at the age of 16 he escaped from Cuba and arrived in America not knowing a word of English, without his parents, without any money, and was even homeless for a while. How was he able to turn his life around? How did he go from living his worst nightmare (living on the streets) to living his dream? What inspired him? What helped him succeed in spite of all his challenges? Andres will share his inspiring story.
Conference Topics Include:
- Yours, Mine, and Ours: Building Blended Families - Amy Hutchinson LMSW: Olive Branch Play Therapy
- Supporting Children Through Incarceration of Family Members - Steven Balarin LSW; Chrysalis Ministries)
- Helping Children Cope with Grief and Loss - Leslie Wood; the Children's Bereavement Center
- Raising Survivors of Trauma - Maria Benevidez; The Children's Shelter
- Yik Yak, Snapchat, the Kids Are Using What App? Ryan Smith LMSW
- What Families Need to Know About Anxiety and Depression; Dr. Kelly Meyering Psy.D.