Athlete Enrollment Forms
|Click, Print and Complete Form|
|SO Enrollment Form Spanish|
|Form for Athletes with Down Syndrome|
Check with your athlete's school for the exact day they are participating.
The goal of Northside Special Olympics is to provide training and competition in a variety of sports to students with developmental delays. It is through comprehensive training and quality competitions that athletes are able to develop physical fitness improve skills and set realistic, meaningful, challenging and attainable goals.
Northside Special Olympics is founded on the belief that our athletes, with instruction and encouragement, learn to enjoy and benefit from their participation in sports.
In addition, we also believe that:
- Every athlete, regardless of ability, can succeed and even excel in sports.
- The success that our athletes experience can aid in the development of self-confidence and enhancement of a positive self-image.
- The self-confidence garnered from achievement in sports can provide athletes with the desire to achieve success in other aspects of his/her life.
- Each athlete is an individual with different skills, ideas, attitudes and interests.
- The accomplishments and positive attitudes that are developed through sports training and competition can affect performance in the classroom, at home and in the community.
Focus of the Program
The focus of the program in Northside is to assist all Special Olympics athletes in learning to participate in a supportive environment that enables them to reach their fullest potential. The most crucial contribution the program can make to an athlete is to help them develop self-confidence and a belief that "Yes I Can".
The program in Northside currently serves, 1100 + athletes ages 5-22. These athletes are located on virtually every comprehensive campus within the district.
Our 5-7 year olds participate in a program called "athletes in training". Athletes aged 8-Grade 12 participate in the traditional Special Olympics program. In addition to the traditional Special Olympics program, we also offer a program called Motor Activities which provides activities for students from the habilitation classes.