Mobi (Math and Science teachers have them)
- Mobile tool for creating whiteboard presentations and/or annotating screen capture content
Elmo Document Camera
- Used in conjunction with the ImageMate software, this tool can be used for capturing images, worksheets, books, and print materials.
- Interwrite Workspace can be used to annotate images displayed in ImageMate
- Videos can be edited
- Use the cameras available on campus or a camera of your choice to record your lesson
- High-quality video that can be edited with MovieMaker
- Best to use any video converter and convert to .wav before editing in MovieMaker
ChromeBooks, Mini iPads, Laptops, iPods, Headphones with mic's for the PC.....all for Student Use
Video Creation Tools
ImageMate Software for the Elmo
- Image Mate will be installed on teacher laptops
- Record audio and video as you teach from materials shown on the elmo
- Record audio and video as you teach from your laptop screen
- Elmo makes it very easy to switch from one device to the other
- Videos can be edited with MovieMaker
Interwrite Workspace - Record and Playback Tool
- Workspace can be installed on teacher laptops - it is what you use with a Mobi or Whiteboard
- In the Toolbox area, select the Record and Playback Tool and click to record
- Easily record a whiteboard presentation from the Educations Website or an iPad App (works best with an iPad)
- Many recording limitations, biggest of which is the inability to edit the videos
- When sharing, be sure to make the video public if you wish to share with other teachers
Video Editing Tools
Microsoft Movie Maker
- Easily import Interwrite Workspace recordings, edit out "glitches", combine video clips, insert media, and even create intro and ending credits for your lessons.
- Different version between the Windows XP and Windows 7 versions, but functionality is the same
Need help? Online MovieMaker Live (Windows 7) directions http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-live/movie-maker#t1=overview
- Create and edit audio for your videos.
Any Video Converter
- Easily convert your videos to different formats
- Teachers concerned about students being unable to view *.wmv files on an Apple computer or iDevice can utilize this tool to convert videos into MPEG4 format
Sharing Your Lessons
Outreach Teacher Webpage
- Classroom is designed to help teachers create and collect assignments paperlessly, including time-saving features like the ability to automatically make a copy of a Google Document for each student. It also creates Drive folders for each assignment and for each student to help keep everyone organized. Students can keep track of what’s due on the Assignments page and begin working with just a click. Teachers can quickly see who has or hasn't completed the work, and provide direct, real-time feedback and grades right in Classroom.
- Edmodo is a free site that allows educators to create a private and secure environment for students. With Edmodo, students can post videos and information without the worry of the public seeing it. Students do not need an email address to join your class. Accept assignment uploads, administer quizzes, and create polls...all in Edmodo! For more information, go to http://goo.gl/zureu.
TCEA Flipped Classroom https://sites.google.com/a/tcea.org/tcea-s-web-tools/flipped-classrooms
TechSmith--What is a "Flipped Classroom" http://www.techsmith.com/flipped-classroom.html