University Health System is offering a convenient way for parents to stay up-to-date with their child’s immunizations, flu shots, and prepare for college vaccination requirements. They will dispatch a mobile clinic to 12 NISD campuses in May.
Their Children’s Health bus will be at the following schools from 1 to 5:30 p.m. on the dates listed:
- May 1 – Jefferson MS – 10900 Shaenfield Road, 78254
- May 2 – Jones MS – 1256 Pinn Road, 78227
- May 3 – Jordan MS – 1725 Richland Hills Drive, 78251
- May 8 – Luna MS – 200 Grosenbacher N., 78253
- May 9 – Neff MS – 5227 Evers Road, 78238
- May 10 – Pease MS – 201 Hunt Lane, 78245
- May 22 – Rawlinson MS – 14100 Vance Jackson, 78249
- May 23 – Rayburn MS – 1400 Cedarhurst, 78227
- May 24 – Ross MS – 3630 Callaghan, 78228
- May 29 – Rudder MS – 6558 Horn Blvd., 78240
- May 30 – Stevenson MS – 8403 Tezel Road, 78254
- May 31 – Vale MS – 2120 N. Ellison Drive, 78251
- June 4 – Stinson MS – 13200 Skyhawk, 78249
- June 5 – Zachry MS – 9410 Timber Path, 78250
Please call 210-358-7020 or visit www.healthyUexpress.com to make an appointment or for more information. Appointments and walk-ins are accepted while supplies last. Parents are asked to bring immunization records to appointments.
Texas law requires all public school children have current immunizations in order to attend class.
For a complete list of immunization clinics in San Antonio, call San Antonio Metro Health at 207-8894. For additional information about immunization services, visit the San Antonio Metro Health website.
Immunization Requirements for 2017-2018
- DTP/DTaP/DT/TD/Tdap Five doses are required for entry of kindergarten students unless the fourth dose was received on or after the 4th birthday. Doses are also required for students entering pre-kindergarten – school nurse will evaluate. Students age 7, starting their vaccine, are required to have three doses. One booster dose of a Tetanus/Diphtheria/Pertussis-containing vaccine is required for entry into 7th grade if at least 5 years have passed since the last dose of a Tetanus-containing vaccine. Grades 8-12 require a booster dose of Tetanus/Diphtheria/Pertussis-containing vaccine every 10 years.
- Polio: Four doses of Polio vaccine are required for kindergarten students unless the third dose was received after the 4th birthday. Doses are also required for students entering pre-kindergarten – school nurse will evaluate. It can be any combination of OPV or IPV. Not required of 18-year-old students.
- Measles/Mumps/Rubella: Two doses are required. The first dose shall be administered on or after the 1st birthday. The second dose is to be administered by age 5 or entry into kindergarten. One dose is required for pre-kindergarten.
- HIB: Three doses of Haemophilus Influenza type B vaccine and a booster if given before the child is 15 months or one dose of vaccine if given after 15 months. HIB vaccine is given through 4 years of age and is required for students in pre-kindergarten.
- Hepatitis Type A: Two doses of Hepatitis A are required for students in grades PK, K, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 , 6, 7, and 8. The second dose of Hepatitis A is administered six months after the administration of the first dose.
- Type B: Three doses of Hepatitis B are required for pre-kindergarten through 12th grade.
- Varicella (Chicken Pox): Two doses of Varicella vaccine received on or after the 1st birthday are required for students in grades K through 12. If the student has had Varicella (Chicken Pox) illness, please request a form from the school nurse to validate illness. One dose is required for students entering pre-kindergarten.
- Pneumococcal (PCV7): PCV7 is mandated for all students 3 through 4 years of age. The school nurse will evaluate the number of doses needed or if the student is complete to enter pre-kindergarten.
- Menactra (Meningococcal Conjugate Vaccine): This vaccine protects students 11 years of age and older from Meningitis. One dose is required for students in grades 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 and 12.
* For information on immunization exemptions access the Department of State Health Services website