Northside ISD recognized hundreds of campus volunteers and business partners who donate their time and energy to enrich the education of thousands of NISD students.
Schools annually recognize Campus Partners-of-the-Year in four categories: Outstanding Mentor, Outstanding Partner, Outstanding Partnership Coordinator, and Outstanding Business Partner. More than 300 campus winners were recognized at the April 19 Partnerships Recognitions and Awards, held in conjunction with ArtFest, a showcase of student artwork from across the District.
District-wide winners were selected from among the campus winners and were individually recognized at the awards reception by NISD Superintendent Brian Woods and members of the Board of Trustees.
District Partner-of-the-Year winners will now compete at the state level in the Texas Association of Partners in Education (TAPE) awards contest.
Outstanding Coordinator of the Year:
- Yvonne Ramireez, Villarreal ES
- Tana Reyes, Zachry MS
- Jerry Gomez, Holmes HS
Outstanding Partnership Program:
- Valley Hi Optical, Allen ES, Brenda and Kevin Hernandez
- Family Service Association, Jones MS, Bernice Zamora
- San Antonio Medical Foundation, Health Careers HS, Dr. Bryan Alsip
- Violence Intervention Program, Northside Alternative MS – North & South
Outstanding Mentor or Individual:
- James Mills, Steubing ES
- Edward and Yolanda Walton, Zachry MS
- David De La Rue, O’Connor HS
- Robert (Bobby) Blount, Jr.
Outstanding Business or Community Organization:
- Den-Tex/Denny’s, Leon Springs ES, Lupita Corbeil
- Girl Scouts of Southwest Texas, Club LT, Melissa Soliz
- Chick-Fil-A at Marbach Road, Jay HS, Shelly and Jack Young
- UT Health Science Center, Reddix Center, Dr. Nicholas Walsh
- Excel Beyond the Bell-San Antonio, Learning Tree, Dr. Ryan Hollan
- ACE Mentor Program of San Antonio
Businesses interested in partnerships with Northside ISD can visit the Partnerships Coordinator on a campus nearby, call the NISD Partnerships Office at 397-8599, or visit the Partnerships website.