The annual NISD College Night will be held Monday, Oct. 24 from 6-8:30 p.m. drawing 140 colleges and universities from across the nation.
Thousands of NISD students are expected to attend the event which will be held in the Recreation and Wellness Center at the University of Texas at San Antonio on the Loop 1604 campus.
There will also be three, general 30-minute financial aid sessions with financial aid experts available to answer questions. Space will be limited.
“College Night is an extraordinary event that provides students and their parents the opportunity to become more familiar with institutions of higher education from all over Texas and the nation,” said Dr. Kimberly Ridgley, Director of Guidance and Counseling. “This face-to-face interaction with representatives from various colleges and universities is informative for parents and a valuable experience for our students when faced with making important decisions about their future.”
For a list of participating colleges and universities, click here.
Due to the volume of attendees to the event, it is suggested that students arrive at varying times based on which high school they attend. Recommended times are:
· 6-6:50 p.m. – Jay HS, Jay Science and Engineering Academy, Marshall HS, Taft HS, and Communications Arts HS.
· 6:50-7:40 p.m. – Holmes HS, Business Careers HS, Stevens HS, Warren HS, Construction Careers Academy, and Brennan HS
· 7:40-8:30 p.m. – Health Careers HS, Clark HS, Brandeis HS, and O’Connor HS
Recommended parking is at the Dub Farris Athletic Complex on Loop 1604. Buses will shuttle participants to and from UTSA every 15 minutes from 5:45 to 9 p.m. Parking is extremely limited at UTSA.
Students should remember to:
· Bring a pencil and paper
· Decide which colleges to visit before arrival, have three or four in mind
· Think about questions for the college representative ahead of time
· Ask for the college representative's business card