The Northside Learning Tree After School Program is seeking outgoing, energetic, and positive role models to fill 85 part-time Youth Leader Instructor positions. Interested applicants should stop by the Learning Tree Job Fair on Thursday, August 11 from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. at the Northside Learning Center, 6632 Bandera Road, Building D.
Youth Leader duties include leading and supervising a group of 18 to 25 students during snack, homework, recreation, and enrichment time.
Minimum qualifications include:
· High school diploma or GED required
· Six months experience working with youth preferred (training is available)
· Current certification in CPR/First Aid or the ability to obtain certification within 30 days of employment
· Must be available during afterschool hours Monday through Friday
· Satisfactory outcome of fingerprinting check prior to starting employment, fee paid by employee
Compensation is $11 per hour. Hours vary by campus but are approximately 15 to 20 hours a week. Generally, elementary school hours are 2:30 p.m. until 5:45 p.m. or 6:30 p.m., and middle school hours are 3:30 p.m. until 6:00 p.m. or 6:30 pm.
These positions are great opportunities for current college students to work in an educational setting as well as retired individuals.
The Learning Tree Program is offered at all Northside elementary and middle school campuses.
The full job posting and online application for the Youth Leader Instructor position is available on the Jobs section of the Northside ISD website.
For more information, please contact Mel Lehman, Staffing Specialist, at 397- 8967.