Three first-year and three veteran teachers were named District Educators of the Year at special celebrations held annually to honor teachers who give 100 percent when it comes to improving the lives of children. In addition, Northside’s nominee for the 2016 Trinity Prize for Excellence in Teaching was announced.
The 2016 Northside Educators of the Year are:
· Eva Longoria, special education teacher, Cody Elementary School
· Erin McKinney, math teacher, Hobby Middle School
· Kimberly Dill, English teacher, Clark High School
The 2016 Northside First Year Educators of the Year are:
· Deanna Demers, fifth grade teacher, Brauchle Elementary School
· Madison Harris, math teacher, Connally Middle School
· Brian Clay, agriculture teacher, O’Connor High School
And, the District’s nominee for the 2016 Trinity Prize for Excellence in Teaching Award is Carol Hudson, kindergarten teacher, from Brauchle Elementary School.
In addition to receiving engraved plaques, first-year awardees received checks for $250, and the veteran teachers and Trinity nominee received $500 checks.
A panel of NISD educators selected the District winners from among the 201 campus Educators of the Year.
All campus winners were deemed “Simply the Best” at the District’s Educator of the Year celebrations, held March 1 and 2 this year.
The celebration has been dubbed “Simply the Best,” because the campus winners parade into the auditorium to Tina Turner’s famous song by the same name.
Pictures from this year’s Educators of the Year events can be found on the Northside website under Announcements.