The Northside Learning Tree After School Program is seeking outgoing, energetic, and positive role models to fill 70 part-time youth leader positions. Interested applicants should stop by the Learning Tree Job Fair, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., May 15 at 6632 Bandera Road, Building F.
Youth leader duties include supervising a group of 15 to 25 children and leading them in homework, structured recreation, and enrichment activities.
Minimum qualifications include:
- High school diploma or GED required
- Six months experience working with youth preferred (training is available)
- Current certification in CPR/First Aid or the ability to obtain certification within 30 days of employment
- Must be available during afterschool hours Monday through Friday
- Satisfactory outcome of fingerprinting check prior to starting employment, fee paid by employee
Compensation is $11 per hour. Hours vary by campus but are approximately 15 to 20 hours a week. Generally, elementary school hours are 2:30 p.m. until 5:45 p.m. or 6:30 p.m., and middle school hours are 3:30 p.m. until 6 p.m. or 6:30 PM.
These positions are great opportunities for current college students to work in an educational setting as well as retired individuals.
The Learning Tree program will be all Northside elementary and middle school campuses in the fall.
For more information, contact the Learning Tree office at 397-8108.