The Northside ISD Police Department is hiring police officers for both campus and patrol divisions.
Benefits include a competitive starting salary, medical, dental and vision insurance, retirement contribution to TRS, paid training, and opportunities for advancement within the department.
Interested candidates must complete an online application.
Minimum qualifications include:
- Valid Texas Peace Officer License issued by the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement Officer Standards and Education (TCLEOSE) or successful completion of law enforcement training from a TCLEOSE approved institution
- Valid Texas Driver’s License with a driving record insurable by the NISD carrier
- Must be eligible to be bonded as required by Texas Education Code Section 37.08 (h)
- One (1) year of law enforcement experience in a full time position preferred
- Must pass physical exam
- Must have satisfactory outcome of fingerprinting check prior to starting employment. Non-refundable fee paid by employee.
The Northside ISD Police Department operates 24-hours a day and is dedicated to the safety and welfare of all students, faculty, staff and visitors of the District and the protection of District property. The Department works closely with all local municipal police departments, state and Federal agencies, and other school district police departments in the Bexar County area. The NISD Police Department consists of state Licensed Peace Officers and civilian employees who provide office support and 24-hour dispatch.
Campus officers are assigned to a campus and work a permanent Monday through Friday schedule and are off during most non-instructional days and for one month during the summer.
Patrol officers have a rotating work schedule and are off for two months during the summer.
For more information visit the Human Resources Department Jobs website.