The Northside ISD Learning Tree After School Program is hosting a Job Fair to fill 100 youth leader positions. The job fair will be held Thursday, June 27 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Northside Activity Center, 7001 Culebra Road.
Applicants are encouraged to complete the online application before the Job Fair, but computers will be available on site. Interviews will be conducted at the fair.
Youth leader duties include supervising a group of 15 to 25 children and leading them in homework, structured recreation and enrichment activities. The after school Learning Tree program is seeking outgoing, energetic and positive role models to fill these positions.
Minimum qualifications include:
- High school diploma or GED required
- 6 months experience working with youth preferred (training is available)
- Current certification in CPR/First Aid or the ability to obtain certification within 30 days of employment
- Must be available during after school hours Monday through Friday
- Satisfactory outcome of fingerprinting check prior to starting employment, fee paid by employee
Compensation is $10 per hour. Hours vary by campus but are approximately 15 to 20 hours a week. Generally, elementary school hours are 2:30 p.m. til 5:45 p.m. or 6:30 p.m. and middle school hours are 3:30 p.m. til 6 p.m.
The Learning Tree program will be at 67 Northside campuses in the fall.
The full job posting and online application are available on the Human Resources Jobs website.
For more information contact Ester Buendia in the Adult and Community Education department at 397-8102.