Northside ISD recognized hundreds of campus volunteers and business partners who donate their time and energy to enrich the education of thousands of NISD students.
Schools annually recognize Campus Partners-of-the-Year in four categories: Outstanding Mentor, Outstanding Partner, Outstanding Partnership Coordinator, and Outstanding Business Partner. More than 300 campus winners were recognized at the April 16 Partnerships Recognitions and Awards, held in conjunction with ArtFest, a showcase of student artwork from across the District.
District-wide winners were selected from among the campus winners and were individually recognized at the awards reception by NISD Superintendent Brian Woods and members of the Board of Trustees.
District Partner-of-the-Year winners will now compete at the state level in the Texas Association of Partners in Education (TAPE) awards contest.
Outstanding Coordinator of the Year:
· Kristine Webber, PTA volunteer, Fernandez Elementary School
· Jim Ann Caliva, attendance secretary, Zachry Middle School
Outstanding Partnership Program:
· San Antonio Fire Department, Capt. Raul Chapa, May Elementary School
· UTSA Volunteer Services, Cristina Dominguez, Northside Alternative Middle School-North
· Twang Partners, Roger T. Trevino, Business Careers High School
Outstanding Mentor or Individual:
· Cheryl Scammell, Los Reyes Elementary School
· Homer Saenz, Jordan Middle School
· Dr. Carol Redfield, Jay Science & Engineering Academy
· Jonathan Kouchoukos, Reddix Center
Outstanding Business or Community Organization:
· Southwest Research Institute, Greg Fletcher, Myers Elementary School
· Chick-fil-A at Alamo Ranch Marketplace, Lynn Parrott, Briscoe Middle School
· Walter Gerlach Livestock Show, Harold (Butch) Galm, O’Connor High School
· H-E-B Marketplace, Yvonne Maldonado, Reddix Center
Businesses interested in partnerships with Northside ISD can visit the Partnerships Coordinator on a campus nearby, call the NISD Partnerships Office at 397-8599, or sign up online on the Partnerships website.