Northside ISD will hold registration for pre-kindergarten from 7:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. July 11-14 at the Northside Activity Center, 7001 Culebra Road.
The following are the dates parents should register their child, according to school:
- Monday, July 11, 2011 – Boone, Braun Station, Burke, Driggers, Glass, Glenn, Helotes, Hoffmann, Knowlton, Krueger, Leon Springs, Lewis, Linton, Meadow Village, Mireles, Scobee, Steubing and Wanke elementary schools
- Tuesday, July 12, 2011 – Adams Hill, Behlau, Cable, Cody, Carlos Coon, Elrod, Evers, Forester, Langley, McDermott, Murnin, Myers, Nichols, Northwest Crossing, Oak Hills Terrace, Raba and Westwood Terrace elementary schools
- Wednesday, July 13, 2011 – Esparza, Fernandez, Fisher, Glenoaks, Hatchett, Howsman, Mary Hull, Lackland City, Kuentz, Lieck, Locke Hill, May, Michael, Ott, Passmore, Powell, Valley Hi and Villarreal elementary schools
- Thursday, July 14, 2011 – Aue, Beard, Blattman, Brauchle, Carnahan, Carson, Colonies North, Galm, Henderson, Leon Valley, Martin, Mead, Rhodes, Scarborough, Thornton, Timberwilde and Ward elementary schools
In order to be eligible for the pre-kindergarten program, state law requires that children must be 4 years of age on or before Sept 1, and (one of the following):
- unable to speak or comprehend the English language, or
- eligible to participate in National Free/Reduced Lunch Program, or
- homeless, or
- be the child of an active-duty member of the armed forces of the U.S., including state military forces, reserved component of the armed forces, or the child of a member who was killed, injured, or missing in action, or
- been in the conservatorship (foster care) of the Department of Family and Protective Services (DFPS) following an adversary hearing.
When registering for pre-kindergarten, parents need:
- an original, certified copy of the child's birth certificate,
- an updated immunization record for the child,
- child's social security card (optional)
- proof of residence, and
- proof of gross income
Additional documentation is required for military personnel.
For more information about the pre-kindergarten curriculum, school hours, and details on eligibility and documentation, visit the Pre-K and Kindergarten department website.