At Monroe May Elementary we teach character through the 7 Pillars of Character program through our Guidance & Counseling department.
We strive to teach students citizenship, caring, trustworthiness, responsiblity, fairness and respect. We develop opportunities for students to exhibit leadership skills.
- Taking responsibility for owning and solving thier own problems by being proactive.
- Defining their mission and goals in life.
- Prioritizing and doing the most important things first.
- Having an "everyone-can-win " attitude.
- Listening to people sincerely.
- Working together to achieve more.
- Renewing themself regularly.