Mary Hull Elementary opened its doors in Fall of 1963. It namesake was a longtime San Antonio educator. Mary Hull was born in Beebe, AR on July 5, 1895. She grew up and went to school in Arkansas and Texas. While in Georgetown, TX she met Warren Hull and they married and moved to San Antonio. Due to World War II and the shortage of teachers, she was asked to be a substitute for a fourth grade class at Locke Hill Elementary. From there she taught in Edgewood Common School District in 1947 and later became an elementary coordinator in 1952. She ventured back to Northside in 1956 and became the district's elementary coordinator. She had a strong passion to work with young children and help them learn to read. Hull retired in 1962 and passed away on March 8, 1963. Our school opened and was named after her later that year.