How a handful of companies control our minds everyday
- What your kids really think about their social media and what you can do- Commonsense.org
- What is Snapchat and Instagram? Find this out and much more with videos- Commonsense.org
- Why teens should put down their smartphones - U Wanna Know What?
- How the smartphone affected an entire generation of kids - The Conversation
- Why your brain needs more downtime - Scientific American
How much is too much? Click Here to find out!
- Parent's Guide to Social Media Usage- Psychology Today
- *Remove ads for distraction free reading to create a content only page with this Google Extension- Just Read
-once installed just highlight the text you want to read and then click the Just Read icon!
5 ideas to cultivate a healthy screen diet -Mindful Schools
Lots of good tips in this documentary- Screenagers
Have Device Free Dinners - Yes it is just like it sounds.
- To see which pages your child is visiting check the web history from time to time -even on their mobile devices. If they are deleting the history or using private/incognito searching click here
- Regulate time spent on the phone or device:
-In the Moment app for iOS -tracks how much you use your phone
-Circle app on Google Play -manage content and time online
- Print out a copy of the THINK poster & hang it near your computer or upload the poster to your home screen on your computer and all devices.
- Talk with your child on his/her internet and social media usage.