The Northside Learning Tree After School Enrichment Program is seeking outgoing, energetic, and positive role models to fill part-time Youth Leader Instructor positions and potential Assistant Site Leader/Site Leader positions.
Youth Leader duties include leading and supervising a group of 18 to 25 students during homework, recreation, snack, and enrichment time.
Minimum qualifications include:
- High school diploma or GED required
- Six months experience working with youth preferred (training is available)
- Current certification in CPR/First Aid or the ability to obtain certification within 30 days of employment
- Must be available during afterschool hours Monday through Friday
- Satisfactory outcome of fingerprinting check prior to starting employment, fee paid by employee
Starting pay is at $12 per hour. Hours vary by campus but are approximately 18 to 20 hours a week. Generally, elementary school hours are 2:15 p.m. until 5:45 p.m. or 6:30 p.m., and middle school hours are 3:30 p.m. until 6:00 p.m. or 6:30 pm.
Starting pay is at $15 for Assistant Site Leaders and $17 for Site Leaders. Our program is currently hiring for the 2019-2020 school year at various locations throughout NISD. All candidates must meet the minumum requirements to be considered for an interview.
These positions provide opportunities for current college students to work in an educational setting as well as retired individuals.
The Learning Tree Program is offered at all Northside elementary and middle school campuses.