Located in the HCHS library, Phoenix Learning Center is staffed by certified teachers, HCHS National Honor Society members, and other tutors ready to assist students who need help. While the number of students in attendance each week how much individual assistance is available, every effort will be made to offer as much individual help as possible. PLC is the place for students who need assistance with homework, tutoring in a specific subject, space to work with a group, or computer access for research projects.
Students, come prepared to work!
Our PLC Dates for October and November
October- 2, 4, 11, 18, 25, 23, 30 November- 1, 6, 8, 13, 27
Tuesdays & Thursdays 4:30 - 6:30 p.m.
Phoenix Learning Center Guidelines
- All school rules and regulations will be in effect (Code of Conduct, Dress Code, etc.)
- Math, science, social studies and HST teachers will be available to work with students from 4:30 - 6:30.
- Students may utilize PLC for any amount of time during the scheduled sessions on Tuesdays and Thursdays, but once students leave they will not be allowed to re-enter. They must sign in for tracking purposes.
- Students must arrive by 4:45 unless they have a signed pass from a teacher/sponsor.
- A quiet atmosphere conducive to learning must be maintained throughout the entire session. Disruptive behavior will not be tolerated. Offenders will be asked to leave and will be referred to an administrator.
- Students must be picked up promptly by 6:30 p.m.
- DATES WILL BE MODIFIED THROUGHOUT THE YEAR!
Please check with your teacher or Mrs. Zablocki's twitter for PLC dates throughout the school year.