STAAR days are approaching fast for our Hatchett Hurricanes. However, Hatchett students are showing spirit and an even stronger willingness to overcome STAAR testing. We could not be any prouder of our Hatchett Hurricanes as they forge their roads to success, each making a commitment to do his or her academic best. Some STAAR tips that fourth grade teachers at Hatchett strongly encourage students to do in preparation for the test are:
- Remember what teachers have taught you.
- Use test-taking strategies on classroom and homework assignments.
- Make sure to practice good pacing on assignments, making the most out of time.
- Show work and effort.
- Always ask for help when you do not understand a concept or assignment.
- Be confident and proud in your abilities.
- Eat and sleep well every day.
Note STAAR Test Dates:
4th Grade Writing (April 1, 2);
5th Grade Math (April 1)/ Reading (April 2);
3rd Grade Math (April 22)/ Reading (April 23);
4th Grade Math (April 22)/ Reading (April 23);
5th Grade Science (April 23)