High school students can earn college credits by signing up for dual credit or locally articulated courses. Some courses are offered at specific campuses and others are offered at the college campus. Information about earning college credits may be obtained from the school’s counseling department.
Tech Prep Programs of Study
The Tech Prep Program of Study provides opportunities for students to earn college credits while in high school. College credits earned through the Tech Prep program will be added to the student’s college transcript upon entering the community college and meeting all requirements. Check with your high school counselor for any of these courses offered on your campus.
Northside courses in the Tech Prep Program of Study include:
- Automotive Technology
- Child Development
- Culinary Arts
- Events Management
- Restaurant Management
Dual Credit Courses
Students take the following dual credit courses on their high school campus. Course offerings vary by individual campus.
- Accounting II
- Digital and Interactive Media
- Principles of Information Technology
- Web Technology
Students may attend dual credit courses on the college campus. Northside ISD provides college textbooks and bus transportation as needed. Students are required to follow the college campus regulations including the college calendar.
- Introduction to Criminal Justice
- Introduction to Pharmacy
- Medical Terminology
Two Year Dual Credit Academy Programs
Open to Juniors Only - Applications are required in the spring for fall enrollment
- Alamo Area Aerospace Academy – Aircraft Mechanics – Three hour courses; students attend classes at the St. Philip’s SW Campus
- Information Technology and Security Academy – Computer Security – Three hour courses; students attend classes at the St. Philip’s Advanced Technology Center
- Manufacturing Technology Academy – Diverse manufacturing – Three hour courses; students attend classes at the St. Philip’s SW Campus
- Health Professions Academy – A two-year program where students will complete 31 hours of nursing pre-requisite courses through San Antonio College