CTE SUMMER CAMPS
SASTEMIC STEM Summer Camp (6/10 - 6/14) -
(SASTEMIC camp is for rising 8th graders)
- The Northside ISD CTE Department is proud to offer a wonderful STEM Summer Camp through SASTEMIC!
- We will be offering two three-hour sessions each day, covering the same lessons/curriculum in each session.
- Each day is a new lesson, and SASTEMIC will be providing all of the materials for it!
- The camp will take place at John Jay High School.
FROM SASTEMIC's SITE
- The Geekbus is SASTEMIC’s mobile makerspace that brings STEM education experiences to your classrooms through reverse field trip events for students.
- In teaching the value of “Design Thinking”, the Geekbus helps students build confidence with technology skills through problem solving and hands-on learning.
- A single day visit would provide 2 sessions for up to 30 students per session, lasting 2.5 hours each including a tour of the Geekbus with a separate STEM presentation.
- You choose the program(s). Our team will provide the equipment and materials needed for the experience.
- Your campus will only need to provide eager students and a classroom equipped with A/V and WIFI.
HEALTH PROFESSIONALS SUMMER CAMP - UIW (6/25)
(Health Professionals Camp is or Grades 9th thru 12th)
- University of the Incarnate Word Healthcare Professionals Camp provides students an opportunity to learn about a career in the field of health care, specifically nursing, physical therapy, optometry, pharmacy and general medicine, through classes, guest speakers, and activities. Additionally, students will be learning essential college and career readiness and leadership skills.
- This program is a partnership with the Career & Technical Education Department of NISD and the University of the Incarnate Word.
- No transportation will be provided. Students will need their own transportation, and will meet at the Student Engagement Center (center of campus).
- Students may need to complete some online HIPAA training before attending the camp.
FAQ FROM CAMP:
- Time for students to attend – We will begin at 9am and end at 5:15pm.
- Location for drop off purposes and building for parents to be aware.
- Parking will be allowed in parking lots near Natatorium and Convocation Center.
- How many students can attend this one day camp? - 25 students per district
- The names of the schools the students will visit
- Ila Faye Miller School of Nursing and Health Professions,
- Rosenberg School of Optometry,
- Feik School of Pharmacy,
- UIW School of Physical Therapy,
- UIW School of Osteopathic Medicine.
CULINARY ARTS/MANAGEMENT AND FASHION/INTERIOR DESIGN CAMP - The Art Institute of San Antonio (6/11-6/13)
(Culinary Arts/Management AND Fashion/Interior Design Camp is or Grades 9th thru 12th.)
- The Culinary Arts/Management AND Fashion/Interior Design summer camps are a partnership with the Career and Technical Education in NISD and The Art Institute of San Antonio.
- The Art Institute of San Antonio provides students an opportunity to learn about Culinary Arts/Management AND Fashion/Interior Design through classes, guest speakers, and activities.
- Additionally, students will be learning essential college and career readiness and leadership skills.
- Camp will be held June 11th - 13th at The Art Institute of San Antonio from 9:00 am-12:00 pm.
- Each camp is open to the first 6 interested students (12 total for both camps).
- The teacher work day will begin at 8:30 am at The Art Institute and will conclude at 12:30 pm.