High school students can earn college credits by signing up for dual credit. Some courses are offered at specific campuses and others are offered at the college campus. Information about earning college credits may be obtained from the school’s counseling department.
DUAL CREDIT COURSES
Students take the following dual credit courses on their high school campus. Course offerings vary by individual campus.
- Advanced A/V Production
- Court Systems and Practices
- Digital Media
- Principles of Information Technology
Students may attend dual credit courses on the college campus. Northside ISD provides college textbooks and bus transportation as needed. Students are required to follow the college campus regulations including the college calendar.
- Introduction to Criminal Justice
- Introduction to Pharmacy
- Medical Terminology
TWO YEAR DUAL CREDIT ACADEMY PROGRAMS
Open to Juniors Only - Applications are required in the spring for fall enrollment
- Advanced Technology and Manufacturing Academy – Diverse manufacturing – Students attend classes at the St. Philip’s SW Campus
- Alamo Area Aerospace Academy – Aircraft Mechanics – Students attend classes at the St. Philip’s SW Campus
- Heavy Equipment Academy - Diesel and Construction Equipment Technology - Students attend classes at the St. Philip's SW Campus
- Information Technology and Security Academy – Computer Security – Students attend classes at the San Antonio College