Curriculum and Instruction
- Maintain current performance levels on each state assessment at 2016-17 student standards.
- Improve the performance of special education students by 5% on reading and math at each grade level of state assessments.
- Increase by 5% ELL students who meet the state exit criteria for the bilingual program.
- Develop and begin implementation of a multi-year plan to update and expand current CATE programming to align with student choice and workforce needs.
- Design expanded opportunities and ensure access to advanced placement, dual credit and other enriched learning experiences.
- Conduct periodic review of major programs including Athletics, Fine Arts, and Career and Technology for both curriculum and facilities.
- Develop models for measurement of student growth in regards to T-TESS.
- Continue improving four-year graduation rates with particular attention paid to ELL students.
- Monitor implementation of T-TESS and T-PESS at all campuses. Continue refinement of administrative regulations in this regard.
Business and Finance
- Align fiscal resources to support the District’s core mission and maintain a strong financial position.
- Provide strategic planning models to ensure sustainable budgets and long term financial stability.
- Maximize tax savings opportunities to ensure future debt capacity to support the long term growth of the District.
- Continue the implementation of a plan for minority recruiting, hiring, and career progression.
- Maintain a compensation package and a benefits plan that are competitive.
- Recruit subject area teachers with master’s degrees to support the expansion of dual credit opportunities for students.
- Establish a timeline and lay the foundation for a possible School Bond 2018.
- Educate the staff and community about the challenges facing NISD, as well as about the successes using traditional and social media.
- Communicate regularly with local, state, and federal elected officials who represent NISD’s interests.
- Implement and evaluate engagement activities with new and existing school, business, and community partners and Northside Education Foundation.
- Review the District's policies and practices related to data security and privacy to ensure the appropriate controls are in place to protect personal data that is collected, used, shared and stored.
- Implement a system that employs timely deployment, training and effective use of instructional technology.
- Successfully implement teacher and student mobile device program for NISD.
Facilities and Operations
- Provide regular updates on bond progress to the community.
- Continue to develop and implement short and long-term Capital Improvement program for both bond-funded and general operating-funded work.
- Begin development of possible ‘Bond 2018’ projects for Board and eventual community consideration.