Jump to navigation
Continue to foster and develop the Northside culture.
Improve participation and achievement in the broad variety of academic and co- and extra-curricular programs offered in Northside ISD.
- Improve student performance on STAAR for all tests at all grade levels and for all student groups.
- For students who are ready, improve access to individualized, accelerated course work in the grades prior to high school.
- Improve students’ access to, participation and achievement in advanced academics including dual credit/enrollment, Advanced Placement and industry recognized certifications.
- Improve achievement on measures of college, career and military readiness to include SAT, ACT, TSI, military enlistment and successful completion of coherent sequence.
- Improve access to, participation in and the variety of co- and extra-curricular activities to include: fine arts, JROTC, CTE, athletics, service learning organizations and clubs.
Improve the perception of the Northside ISD school experience.
- Measure areas of satisfaction and opportunities for improvement at NISD schools.
- Improve transition services offered to those moving into Pre-K or Kindergarten.
- Improve the transition services offered to students and families rising to middle and high school.
- Improve the marketing of NISD schools to those in feeder patterns as well as to the general public.
Improve programming around the notion of educating the “whole child” to include healthy lifestyles, safety and security, engaged learning and supports for students and families.
- Encourage participation in a variety of school-based health and wellness activities to include environmental awareness and conservation.
- Create a Department of Social and Emotional Learning led by a dedicated individual who will align all functions related to the development of the ‘whole child’ within this department.
- Adopt a Northside ISD Social and Emotional Learning Framework.
- Using the program evaluation results, determine which programs to continue or discontinue and determine new programming needed to meet students’ needs.
- Develop an implementation and communication plan regarding the ‘whole child’ focus in Northside.