Student Placement Center
Hours of Operation and Location
Located at 5651 Grissom Rd.
San Antonio, Texas 78238
Normal Business Hours
Hours of Operation: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Testing Hours: 8:15 a.m. – 3:45 p.m.
Please call to schedule appointment: (210) 397-8158
No walk-in appointments are available.
Basis for referring students to the Student Placement Center: If a language other than English is indicated on a student’s Home Language Survey (HLS), the student is referred to the Student Placement Center as part of the registration process.
- Provide oral language assessment (English and Spanish) for new-to-district students (PK to 12th grade).
- Provide academic assessment (2nd to 12th grade).
- Explain and recommend the Bilingual and English as a Second Language (ESL) programs as an integral part of the school instructional curriculum.
- Provide community service information.
- Home Language Survey (HLS)
- Report card / transcript / withdrawal form / academic test results / birth certificate.
Approximate evaluation time:
PK, K, and 1st grade: 1 hr. 2nd to 12th grade: 1 to 3 hrs.
Download Adobe pdf map and brochure
Student Placement Center's organization is found at the Testing and Evaluation department.
Find out which campus your child should attend by using the NISD School Boundaries Information System.
Puede verificar su dirección y área de asistencia en la pagina the NISD School Boundaries Information System.