Welcome to Northside Independent School District, where we pride ourselves on our outstanding educators and our superior instructional and extracurricular programs.
In the past year, Northside was named an Advanced Placement Honor Roll District, one of America’s Best Employers, one of the nation’s Best Communities for Music Education, and the graduation rate reached an all-time high of 95.4 percent.
Northside often is called San Antonio’s “destination district” because the majority of people building new houses in the area choose to make NISD home. The growth is a testament to the quality of the schools in Northside ISD, which is one of the largest and most diverse school districts in the state.
Northside’s enrollment for the 2018-2019 school year is expected to be more than 106,000 and we are opening one new elementary school. We are the fourth largest school district in Texas and the 25th largest school district in the United States.
In May, voters approved School Bond 2018 which will fund improvements to existing schools and fund four new schools.
Despite our size, we still maintain a cohesive, family-friendly atmosphere that places the utmost importance on student success, community involvement, and fiscal responsibility. I welcome you to visit any of our 120 campuses, including our newest school, Dr. Linda G. Mora Elementary School.
Whether you’re a parent, a business owner, or a community member, there are a number of ways for you to become connected with the school district, including the Northside Education Foundation, which awards grants to teachers for classroom innovation and is one of the top 50 education foundations in the country. Other ways to get involved include the Adopt-A-School program, School-Business-Community Partnerships, and our many mentorship opportunities.
I also invite you to stay connected with NISD by joining the Friends of Northside network. We will send you weekly news and announcements about Northside ISD. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube. Our mobile app is available for iPhone and Android users.
Northside truly is San Antonio’s premier school district of choice and I assure you we will continue to maintain our tradition of academic excellence for every student. We teach every child based on their individual needs and work to provide them access to the programs of their choosing. While doing that for over 106,000 students is daunting, it is also our responsibility – one we are committed to honoring.
Brian T. Woods, Ed.D.
The Northside Independent School District is committed to the belief that children come first. The mission of the district is to encourage each student to strive for personal excellence and to ensure all students learn to function, contribute, and compete as responsible individuals in an ever-changing world.
- The well-being and education of children are vital to the future of our society.
- Everyone shares in the responsibility for the education of children.
- Every individual has a contribution to make to society and has a responsibility to do so.
- The quality of our schools directly affects the quality of our community.
- All people can learn.
- Challenge, effort, self-discipline, and opportunity to learn are necessary for students to reach their potential.
- Learning is a lifelong process.
- People are our most important resource.
- Each individual has worth and deserves respect.
- The family unit provides the foundation for all learning.
- Parents have the responsibility and the right to be meaningfully involved with their child’s education.
- The diversity of our cultural heritage enriches life.
- Individuals are responsible for their actions.
- A basic role of an educational system is the intellectual growth and development of the student.
- An educated population is necessary to sustain a democratic society.
- Learning is accomplished through challenging learning experiences provided by superior educators in partnership with parents and the community in a climate of cooperation and mutual respect.
|Athletics||Stan Laing, Executive Director|
|Northside Police||Charlie Carnes, Chief of Police|
|Pupil Personnel||Vicky Sullivan, Director|
|Resource Planning (Boundaries)||Debbie McNierney, Director|
|Transportation||Rafael Salazar, Director|