Interested in teaching for Northside Community Education?
Thank you for your interest in teaching for the NISD Community Education Department. Our mission is to foster and promote life long learning for all community members. We are constantly working to develop new and relevant courses to offer. Course proposals are accepted on an ongoing basis. We’d love to help you share your knowledge with the community!
If you have an idea for a class, please submit detailed proposal information for review. You will be notified that your proposal has been successfully received and will be placed on file with NISD Community Education. If your course is accepted, a Program Coordinator will contact you to organize the details of the course and gather any additional information.
To be considered for a program, please email CEproposals@nisd.net with the following information:
NISD Proposal Questionnaire
- Full Name:
- Business Name: (if applicable)
- Mailing Address:
- Phone Number(s):
- Email Address:
- Professional Qualifications: Instructor biography, related experience and attach resume
- Course Title:
- Course Description: (Enter your description as you would like it to appear in the catalog. Descriptions should not exceed 60 words. Include goals, topics, possible projects and class format. Please consider your submission carefully, it will be compared against other submissions. Write in "you" tense. NISD reserves the right to edit.)
- Age Group: For youth programs, please list exact age range the course is designed for.
- Course Tuition:
- Supply Fee:
- Class size: (preferred maximum and minimum number of students)
- Preferred Days and/or Dates Offered:
- Preferred Class Time:
- Class location at NISD or Contract Instructor Site?
All workshops, classes, and other programs are advertised in NISD's print catalog, newsletters, all electronic communications, posted on the NISD Community Education website and shared on social media pages (Facebook, Instagram, etc.). Announcements are distributed to local and regional print and electronic media.
The success of class/workshop registration partly depends on instructor’s own promotional efforts. All instructors are expected to actively market their own class(es). Instructors are encouraged to use personal contacts, distribute Class Brochures, flyers, etc.
Northside Independent School District offers classes to the public for the purpose of information, instruction, enlightenment, and example ONLY. Such classes are NOT to be construed as endorsement or investment recommendations from the individual instructor, his/her company, or Northside School District.
Submission does not guarantee placement within the class schedule.