AVID Tutors should:
- be an active college student with at least 12 hours college credit and a GPA of 2.5 or greater
- be willing to attend 12 hours of tutor training
- be able to work flexible hours
AVID Tutors will work during and after regular school hours and earn $15.00 an hour. They will work with Middle School or High School AVID students under the supervision of the AVID Teacher.
Tutors' duties include:
- evaluate student binders
- conduct tutorial sessions in the subject areas such as mathematics, science, social studies,writing skills, and study skills
- participate in aspects of student preparation for college
- set an example of personal excellence and high expectations for AVID students to follow
- participate in activities that support the AVID program and philosophy
Tutors are considered temporary employees of Northside Independent School District and are expected to comply with all policies and procedures of the District.
NISD Job Application (Must be Completed)
- Visit NISD's job listings online
- Apply for the job of "AVID Campus Tutor", position number 006409.