Full Year Courses:
2. The student is passing the entire school year of a full year, one credit course.
3. The student's average for second semester is an 80% or better.
4. The student's conduct grade in that class for second semester must be satisfactory or better.
Seniors enrolled in semester classes such as Health, Speech, Government, Economics, etc. may be exempt from their final exam if they meet the following criteria:
1. The student has three or fewer days absence during the semester excluding school business absences. (AR's do not remove an absence from the students record, so it will not help them become eligible).
2. The student's average for the semester is an 80% or better.
3. The student's conduct grade in that class for the semester must be satisfactory or better.
TAKS exemptions for 11th grade:
NISD has approved that students in grade 11 who pass TAKS will be able to exempt their spring semester exams in the corresponding courses. Students in grade 11 who pass the TAKS English/Language Arts, math, science, and social studies will be exempt from their exams in English, math, science, and social studies.
Parents: Contact your student's teachers with any questions you might have.