- 9th and 10th grade students will take the STAAR End of Course exams next week.
- The English I Writing will be on April 1, and English I Reading will be on April 2. Retests for English I Writing and Reading will also be on April 1 and 2. If students are retesting, they will be notified by their counselor.
- The English II Writing will be on April 3, and the English II Reading will be on April 4.
- 11th and 12th graders will have classes as usual.
- When 9th graders are not testing on April 3 & 4, they will also have classes as usual, and when 10th graders are not testing, they will have classes as usual.
- Remind your 9th and 10th grader to bring two #2 pencils; mechanical pencils are not allowed for EOC testing.
- Students have a four hour time limit to complete the test. Students will have lunch after testing is complete. Students who have watches may want to wear them to help self-monitor the time.
- Electronic devices and phones are prohibited during testing. If a student must bring a cell phone to school, it will be safely secured by the test administrator and administration.
- Students who are picked up by their parents while testing is still occurring will be marked with an unexcused absence. The unexcused absence will be removed if the student brings a doctor’s note.
- Passing the End of Course exams are part of graduation requirements.
Make sure your child eats a healthy breakfast and gets a good night’s sleep.
Good luck, Warriors.