FOR ALL: INCOMING 6TH GRADE STUDENTS and PARENTS
We strongly encourage all incoming 6th graders to attend camp with one or both their parents. Unfortunately, space is very limited and we will not have room for other family members on this day. We also ask you to please attend your alphabetical section if at all possible to keep groups smaller. (Students will be registered via last name for Session #1 or #2)
WHEN: Saturday, AUGUST 16, 2014
Session 1 8:00 A.M.-11:30 A.M. Last name A-L
Session 2 1:00 P.M. – 4:30 P.M. Last name M-Z
WHERE: Vale Middle School, 2120 N. Ellison Dr., San Antonio, TX 78251
DESCRIPTION: There will be separate sessions for each parent and student to attend.
Student Sessions include:
- VALE expectations, dress code, stingray success system, tardy and referral information
- Physical Education expectations
- 6th grade AVID organization station, homework and late work policy
- Locker relays – How to open your locker, 5. Bus etiquette, counselor, attendance and nurse information
- VALE expectations, dress code, tardy and referral information
- Bullying awareness/facebook/social media
- Parents get connected – Stingray Success System, teacher web-pages, parent connection and other VALE handbook information
- Bus etiquette, counselors, attendance and nurse information
- Parent tips for helping their 6th grade student be successful.
- You can STILL register the day of the event at the designated time.
- You may also return it to: Vale Middle School, 2120 N. Ellison, San Antonio, TX 78251
For questions, cancellations, or additional information, please contact:
Julie Bearden at 397-5772 (through June 8th – after Aug. 1st)