Testing & Evaluation: Out of School
Welcome to the Out of School and Out of District Information site!!!
Northside ISD has registered with the Texas Education Agency as an Out of School (OOS) and Out of District (OOD) state testing site. NISD provides one central testing location for OOS and OOD state testing. Only TAKS and STAAR state assessments will be administered at the site. The NISD site is the Student Services Center - Testing Annex (Behind Student Services Building) located at 5651 Grissom Road. Individual high school campuses will not serve as OOS or OOD sites.
The following guidelines must be followed at the NISD Testing Center:
- NISD will only test on the dates posted on the OOS/OOD Testing Calendar.
- Students must pre-register with Pearson by the deadlines provided by TEA. NISD does not allow walk-in registration.
- Check-in requires a pre-registration form and valid photo identification.
- Students may begin the check-in process at 7:30 am on the date of testing.
- Forms of photo identification accepted by NISD may be a campus ID, driver's license, military ID or passport. Students without a valid photo ID will not be allowed to test.
- Students must plan to arrive at the test site, check-in and be seated prior to the start time of the test. Once a test session starts, NISD will not allow late check-in's to test.
- NISD will offer one test session date that will begin at 8 am. Refer to the OOS/OOD Testing Calendar for specific date.
- Students must follow district dress code guidelines or will not be allowed to check in and test.
- NISD does not provide lunch for students.
- TAKS students are allowed to test from 8a.m.-4p.m.
- Students who have completed testing may turn in the test materials and leave the testing site.
- Test results will be sent to last home campus of the student. Students must contact last home campus for test results.
The July 2015 STAAR EOC OOD and OOS Test Site Directory lists those campuses scheduled to participate in the July 2015 STAAR EOC administration and will include dates and times for testing at each campus. Students will only be able to register for OOD and OOS testing at campuses included in the directory.Test site registration for the July 2015 STAAR EOC test administration must be completed by.
Test site registration for the July 2015 STAAR EOC test administration must be completed by . More information to come when site is open for registration.
For the July 2015 Texas Assessment of Knowledge and Skills (TAKS) exit level tests, TAKS out-of-school (OOS) examinees (including former TAAS and TEAMS examinees) must register online at http://www.TexasAssessment.com/taksoos. Registration opens April 27, 2015, and ends June 12, 2015, at 5:00 PM (CT). Examinees who do not register by June 12, 2015, must be registered by campus personnel at a participating campus on the day of testing, if the campus can accommodate them. A list ting campuses can be found at http://www.TexasAssessment.com/oosTestSites.
The July TAKS exit level tests will be administered as follows:
- July 6, 2015 (English language arts)
- July 7, 2015 (mathematics)
- July 8, 2015 (science)
- July 9, 2015 (social studies)
Because the TAAS tests are no longer being administered, former TAAS examinees (including former TEAMS examinees) will take the appropriate part of the TAKS exit level English language arts and/or mathematics test(s). TAKS scores will be matched to the appropriate TAAS passing standard.
On the day(s) of testing, examinees should arrive at the test site 30 minutes before the designated testing time. Examinees mustpresent picture identification, such as a driver’s license, DPS ID, military ID, school ID, or resident alien card to test. Examinees will not be allowed to take the test(s) without a picture ID.
Click here for: Directions for registering for the appropriate assessment
Click here for: Interactive Study Guides
Test site registration for the July 2015 STAAR EOC test administration must be completed by.