Testing & Evaluation: Out of School
Welcome to the Out of School and Out of District Information site!!!
Northside ISD has registered with the Texas Education Agency as an Out of School (OOS) and Out of District (OOD) state testing site. NISD provides one central testing location for OOS and OOD state testing. Only TAKS and STAAR state assessments will be administered at the site. The NISD site is the Student Services Center - Testing Annex (Behind Student Services Building) located at 5651 Grissom Road. Individual high school campuses will not serve as OOS or OOD sites.
The following guidelines must be followed at the NISD Testing Center:
- NISD will only test on the dates posted on the OOS/OOD Testing Calendar.
- Students must pre-register with Pearson by the deadlines provided by TEA. NISD does not allow walk-in registration.
- Check-in requires a pre-registration form and valid photo identification.
- Students may begin the check-in process at 7:30 am on the date of testing.
- Forms of photo identification accepted by NISD may be a campus ID, driver's license, military ID or passport. Students without a valid photo ID will not be allowed to test.
- Students must plan to arrive at the test site, check-in and be seated prior to the start time of the test. Once a test session starts, NISD will not allow late check-in's to test.
- NISD will offer one test session date that will begin at 8 am. Refer to the OOS/OOD Testing Calendar for specific date.
- Students must follow district dress code guidelines or will not be allowed to check in and test.
- NISD does not provide lunch for students.
- TAKS students are allowed to test from 8a.m.-4p.m.
- Students who have completed testing may turn in the test materials and leave the testing site.
- Test results will be sent to last home campus of the student. Students must contact last home campus for test results.
IMPORTANT DATES: For the October 2014 Texas Assessment of Knowledge and Skills (TAKS) exit level tests, TAKS out-of-school (OOS) examinees (including former TAAS and TEAMS examinees) must register online at http://www.TexasAssessment.com/taksoos.
The test dates and registration deadlines are as follows:
Registration for the October exit level tests opens August 4, 2014, and ends September 5, 2014, at 5:00 PM .
The October TAKS exit level tests will be administered as follows:
October 20, 2014 (English language arts)
October 21, 2014 (mathematics)
October 22, 2014 (science)
October 23, 2014 (social studies)
Since the TAAS tests are no longer being administered, former TAAS examinees (including former TEAMS examinees) will take the appropriate part of the TAKS exit level English language arts and/or mathematics test(s). TAKS scores will be matched to the appropriate TAAS passing standard.
The October administration of the TAKS tests for former TAAS examinees will be administered as follows:
October 20, 2014 (English language arts writing)
October 21, 2014 (mathematics)
October 22, 2014 (English language arts reading)
Click here for: Directions for registering for the appropriate assessment
Click here for: Interactive Study Guides
NISD Adult and Community Education (ACE) now offers a course to help you prepare to take the TAKS test. Please see page 18 in the catalog.
Click here for: ACE Catalog