Testing & Evaluation: Out of School
Welcome to the Out of School and Out of District Information site!!!
Northside ISD has registered with the Texas Education Agency as an Out of School (OOS) and Out of District (OOD) state testing site. NISD provides one central testing location for OOS and OOD state testing. Only TAKS and STAAR state assessments will be administered at the site. The NISD site is the Student Services Center - Testing Annex (Behind Student Services Building) located at 5651 Grissom Road. Individual high school campuses will not serve as OOS or OOD sites.
The following guidelines must be followed at the NISD Testing Center:
- NISD will only test on the dates posted on the OOS/OOD Testing Calendar.
- Students must pre-register with Pearson by the deadlines provided by TEA. NISD does not allow walk-in registration.
- Check-in requires a pre-registration form and valid photo identification.
- Students may begin the check-in process at 7:30 am on the date of testing.
- Forms of photo identification accepted by NISD may be a campus ID, driver's license, military ID or passport. Students without a valid photo ID will not be allowed to test.
- Students must plan to arrive at the test site, check-in and be seated prior to the start time of the test. Once a test session starts, NISD will not allow late check-in's to test.
- NISD will offer one test session date that will begin at 8 am. Refer to the OOS/OOD Testing Calendar for specific date.
- Students must follow district dress code guidelines or will not be allowed to check in and test.
- NISD does not provide lunch for students.
- TAKS students are allowed to test from 8 am.-4p.m.
- Students who have completed testing may turn in the test materials and leave the testing site.
- Test results will be sent to last home campus of the student. Students must contact last home campus for test results.
IMPORTANT: For the March 2014 administrations of the Texas Assessment of Knowledge and Skills (TAKS) exit level tests, all registration for out-of-school examinees will be online only. TAKS examinees (including former TAAS and TEAMS examinees) must register online below. Registration for the March exit level tests opens , and ends , at 5:00 PM. The March 2014 TAKS exit level tests will be administered on March 3, (English language arts); March 4, (mathematics); March 5, (science); and March 6, (social studies).
Click here for: Directions for registering for the appropriate assessment