Testing & Evaluation: Out of School
Welcome to the Out of School and Out of District Information site!
Northside ISD has registered with the Texas Education Agency as an Out of School (OOS) and Out of District (OOD) state testing site. NISD provides one central testing location for OOS and OOD state testing. Only TAKS and STAAR state assessments will be administered at the site. The NISD site is the Student Services Center - Testing Annex (Behind Student Services Building) located at 5651 Grissom Road. Individual high school campuses will not serve as OOS or OOD sites.
- NISD will only test on the dates posted on the OOS/OOD Testing Calendar.
- Students must pre-register with Pearson by the deadlines provided by TEA. NISD does not allow walk-in registration.
- Check-in requires a pre-registration form and valid photo identification.
- Students may begin the check-in process at 7:30 am on the date of testing.
- Forms of photo identification accepted by NISD may be a campus ID, driver's license, military ID or passport. Students without a valid photo ID will not be allowed to test.
- Students must plan to arrive at the test site, check-in and be seated prior to the start time of the test. Once a test session starts, NISD will not allow late check-in's to test.
- NISD will offer one test session date that will begin at 8 am. Refer to the OOS/OOD Testing Calendar for specific date.
- Students must follow district dress code guidelines or will not be allowed to check in and test.
- NISD does not provide lunch for students.
- TAKS students are allowed to test from 8a.m.-4p.m.
- Students who have completed testing may turn in the test materials and leave the testing site.
- Test results will be sent to last home campus of the student. Students must contact last home campus for test results.
Students who will be away from their home districts, also called out-of-district (OOD) students, for the July 2015 State of Texas Assessments of Academic Readiness (STAAR®) end-of-course (EOC) administration can register to take the necessary assessments at any participating Texas campus. In addition, out-of-school (OOS) examinees can register to take the necessary STAAR EOC assessments at any participating Texas campus.
For the July 2016 STAAR EOC administration, OOD and OOS examinees must register online. (You must use Google Chrome in order to use the registration link). The OOD and OOS test site directory with the list of participating campuses can be found online on the registration form. The specific dates and times for each assessment can be found on the registration form as well.
- July 11, 2016- English I
- July 12, 2016- Algebra I
- July 13, 2016- English II
- July 14, 2016- Biology
- July 15, 2016- US History
For the October 2016 Texas Assessment of Knowledge and Skills (TAKS) exit level tests, TAKS out-of-school (OOS) examinees (including former TAAS and TEAMS examinees) OOD and OOS examinees must register online. Registration opens August 8, 2016, and ends September 23, 2016, at 5:00 PM (CT). Examinees who do not register by September 23, 2016, must be registered by district personnel at a participating district prior to the day of testing, if the district can accommodate them. A list of participating campuses/districts can be found at the Texas Assessment website.
- October 17, 2016 (English language arts)
- October 18, 2016 (mathematics)
- October 19, 2016 (science)
- October 20, 2016 (social studies)
Because the TAAS tests are no longer being administered, former TAAS examines (including former TEAMS examinees) will take the TAKS exit level mathematics and/or appropriate part of the English language arts test (s). TAKS scores will be matched to the appropriate TAAS passing standard.
On the day(s) of testing, examinees should arrive at the test site 30 minutes before the designated testing time. Examinees must present picture identification to test. Examinees will not be able to take the assessment(s) without a picture ID.