What is Google Apps?
Google Apps is a suite of web-based messaging and collaboration applications that Google hosts on their own servers. To access these applications, you simply use a web browser on any computer that's connected to the Internet.
Why did we choose Google Apps?
Based on our growth and cost trends, we looked for an email and calendar solution that could provide with us the following benefits:
- Lower infrastructure costs — All your email will be stored securely on Google's servers, so we'll no longer have to maintain email servers on-site
- Lower support costs — Because Google hosts the email and calendar services, there's no more email software to install on your computer
- Innovative solutions — We can leverage the ongoing creative and technical solutions of the Google Apps platform to provide employees with powerful, easy-to-use tools for getting their work done
- Access to services from anywhere, at anytime — A key benefit of the Google-hosted solution is that we can access email, contacts, and calendar from any computer or mobile device with an Internet connection, from anywhere in the world
What Google Apps are included now?
Your new Google Apps account will include the following services:
||Google Calendar||Google Drive||Google Sites|
What are the key benefits?
- Lots of storage — You get a full 30 GB of online storage for your email so you can archive all of your email online. You'll no longer need to worry about deleting messages or saving them in offline folders.
- Enhanced message organization and retrieval — With Gmail, you'll spend less time managing folders and searching for messages. For example, you can add one or more tags, or "labels," to your messages to organize and store them more efficiently. And with the Google-powered search feature, you can find any message quickly and easily, whether it's in your Inbox or stored in your message archive.
- Easier calendar sharing — Google Calendar lets you and your team quickly and easily share your calendars with each other and specify the details you want to show. Calendar sharing is a great way to keep each other informed about your schedules. Now it's easier than ever to find out if someone is in a meeting, on a business trip, or on vacation.
- Real-time collaboration — Using Google Drive, you can create documents, spreadsheets, presentations, drawings, and more, that you and your team can view and edit at the same time. You can still use yourMicrosoft Office products as needed, but now you'll have more options for storing and collaborating on your documents.