Children come first at Northside Independent School District. Nowhere is this more true than in Northside's pre-kindergarten and kindergarten programs. Our programs are tailored to the needs of four- and five-year-old children. A good start is the foundation of a good education, and we look forward to partnering with you to see your child through his or her education at Northside. Look here for answers to the following questions, and more:
- What school will my child attend?
- Where do I sign my child up for kindergarten or pre-kindergarten?
- What paperwork do I need to bring for registration?
- Is my child eligible for pre-kindergarten?
- What curriculum does Northside use in its pre-kindergarten and kindergarten programs?
Pre-K for SA: City of San Antonio
Please note: Pre-K for SA is a program of the City of San Antonio, not Northside ISD. For complete information the Pre-K for SA Program visit: http://www.sanantonio.gov/Pre-K4SanAntonio.aspx
All questions about the city's Pre-K for SA program should be addressed to:
|Pat Mesquiti. Instructional Specialist||397-8780|
|Agda Alderete, Secretary||397-8780|
|Kimberly Bundick, Instructional Support Teacher||397-8510|
Kinder: General Information
Eligibility Requirement: 5 years old on or before September 1st (Texas Education Code §29.152)
Documents to Bring
- certified copy of child's birth certificate (original copy)
- updated immunization record
- social security card of child being registered (optional)
- proof of residence (current or prior month's electric bill, water bill, cable bill or landline phone bill)
Where is my school?
Go to the boundaries and buses page and find out what school your child goes to, or call (210) 397-8589.
Click here to view a listing of Northside schools.
Student Teacher Ratio
7:45 a.m to 2:45 p.m.
- Language Arts and Reading
- Social Studies
- Special Classes: computer, art, music and PE
In order to be promoted into first grade, kindergarten students must be able to:
- demonstrate proficiency in math.
- read and comprehend previously unseen text at the ending kindergarten level.
- demonstrate proficiency on most of the TEKS (Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills) by the end of kindergarten, or be expected to do so early in first grade.
- Math Their Way
- Texas Journeys - Kindergarten
Science / Social Studies
- NISD Science / Social Studies Curriculum