Your child’s school was awarded a grant from a federal program called Safe Routes to Schools (SRTS). Your school will join a worldwide movement dedicated to make it safe and fun for children to bicycle and walk to school. During the school year, your child will be participating in SRTS initiatives that make safe walking and bicycling a practical way to get the regular physical activity needed for good health. These initiatives will also help neighborhoods ease traffic jams and air pollution. Together, the SRTS programs and their communities will help promote student’s good health and readiness to learn in school.
A SRTS newsletter sent home quarterly features tips to make walking and biking a safe activity. Updates and information on the SRTS program will be included. Please read each of these newsletters and discuss them with your child. Thank you for supporting your child’s participation in the Safe Routes to School Program!
- Parent Survey About Walking and Biking to School
- Encuesta sobre ir caminando o andando en bicicleta a la escuela para padres
- Tips for Parents and Other Adults For Teaching Pedestrian Safety to Children
- Sugerencias para padres y otros adultos sobre enseñar seguridad peatonal a los niños
- Easy Steps to Properly Fit a Bicycle Helmet
- Consejos y pasos para el uso debido del casco para montar bicicleta