Northside ISD recognized hundreds of campus volunteers and business partners who donate their time and energy to enrich the education of thousands of NISD students.
Schools annually recognize Campus Partners-of-the-Year in four categories: Outstanding Mentor, Outstanding Partner, Outstanding Partnership Coordinator, and Outstanding Business Partner. More than 300 campus winners were recognized at the May 22 Partnerships Recognitions and Awards, held in conjunction with ArtFest, a showcase of student artwork from across the District.
District-wide winners were selected from among the campus winners and were individually recognized at the awards reception by NISD Superintendent Brian Woods and members of the Board of Trustees.
District Partner-of-the-Year winners will now compete at the state level in the Texas Association of Partners in Education (TAPE) awards contest.
Outstanding Coordinator of the Year:
· Richard Vasquez, Helotes Elementary School
· Lisa Riley, Jordan Middle School
· Dr. Matthew Gilley, Business Careers High School
· Norma Rabago, Northside Alternative Middle School
Outstanding Partnership Program:
· J.C. Crommer, The Financial Process Group, Leon Springs Elementary School
· Cynthia Carnes and Rebecca Medrano, Zachry Community of Readers, Zachry Middle School
· Tommy Carillo, Stevens High School Mentorship Program
· Sherry Cook, Girl Scouts of the USA, The Learning Tree Program
· Chandra Bricker, H-E-B Read 3 Early Literacy Program
Outstanding Mentor or Individual:
· Heather Walrath, Mireles Elementary School
· Ruberto De La Garza, Neff Middle School
· Dr. Glenn James, Jay Science & Engineering Academy
· Jeff Cedillo & Paul Rebar, Reddix Center
Outstanding Business or Community Organization:
· Richard Holt, University United Methodist Church, Locke Hill Elementary School
· Gregory Fletcher, Southwest Research Institute, Briscoe Middle School & Hoffmann Elementary School
· Cynthia Pena, NuStar Energy, Business Careers High School
· Dr. Jeffery Chapman, University of the Incarnate Word Rosenberg School of Optometry
· Patrick Esquerre, Essilor Vision Foundation
· Boone Elementary Watch DOGS
· Colonies North Elementary School Watch DOGS
· Leon Springs Elementary School Watch DOGS
· Hoffmann Elementary School Watch DOGS
· Myers Elementary School Watch DOGS
· Thornton Elementary School Watch DOGS
· Briscoe Middle School Watch DOGS
· Folks Middle School Watch DOGS
· Rudder Middle School Watch DOGS
Businesses interested in partnerships with Northside ISD can visit the Partnerships Coordinator on a campus nearby, call the NISD Partnerships Office at 397-8599, or sign up online on the Partnerships website.
Pictures from the event can be seen by clicking here.