The Northside Learning Tree After School Program is hosting a Job Fair to fill 100 youth leader positions. The job fair will be held Friday, May 30 from 9 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at the Northside Learning Center, Building C, 6632 Bandera Road.
Applicants are encouraged to complete the online application before the job fair, but computers will be available onsite. Interviews will be conducted at the fair.
Youth leader duties include supervising a group of 15 to 25 children and leading them in homework, structured recreation, and enrichment activities. The Learning Tree program is seeking outgoing, energetic, and positive role models to fill these positions.
Minimum qualifications include:
- High school diploma or GED required
- 6 months experience working with youth preferred (training is available)
- Current certification in CPR/First Aid or the ability to obtain certification within 30 days of employment
- Must be available during afterschool hours Monday through Friday
- Satisfactory outcome of fingerprinting check prior to starting employment, fee paid by employee
Compensation is $11 per hour. Hours vary by campus but are approximately 15 to 20 hours a week. Generally, elementary school hours are 2:30 p.m. until 5:45 p.m. or 6:30 p.m., and middle school hours are 3:30 p.m. until 6 p.m. or 6:30 PM.
The Learning Tree program will be at 81 Northside campuses in the fall.
For more information, contact the Adult and Community Education Department at 397-8108.