On Sunday, May 4, be prepared to visit a lemonade stand near you.
More than 6,300 students from 67 NISD elementary schools will participate in “Lemonade Day” in Northside. They are enrolled in Northside ISD’s Learning Tree After School Enrichment Program.
According to NISD After School Program Specialist Eli Blue Balderas, “Lemonade Day is the perfect opportunity for a community to show children that they care and to train the next generation of entrepreneurs through a fun, engaging, and experiential activity.”
NISD is the only participating school district in San Antonio, so students will spread across the city at various H-E-B locations, parks, and other locations to set up their lemonade stands.
Lemonade Day is a community event created by Prepare 4 Life (P4L) in 2007 with 2,600 children. It is now a nationwide community event involving thousands of children.
The purpose of the event is to teach children the skills that they will need to be successful in business and in life. Schools received user-friendly curriculum, materials, and backpacks for all the students. The students learned how to set goals, develop a business plan, establish a budget, seek investors, provide customer service, and give back to the community.
Many of the students will set up their lemonade stands at city parks all over the city. In addition, many will be at participating H-E-B locations, which include the following locations from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.:
- 7951 Guilbeau Rd
- (HEB Plus)-9238 N Loop 1604 West 78249 (Bandera & 1604)
- 5910 Babcock 78240
- 5601 Bandera Road 78238
- (HEB Plus)- 8219 Marbach Rd. 78277
- (HEB Plus)- 10718 Potranco Rd.78251
- 2118 Fredericksburg Road 78201
- 2130 Culebra 78228
- 721 Castroville Rd 78237
- (HEB Plus)- 4100 S. New Braunfels 78223
- (HEB Plus)-6818 S. Zarzamora 78224
- (HEB Plus) – 1150 N Loop 1604 78248 (Blanco & 1604)
- (HEB Plus)- 20935 US Hwy 281 N 78258 (281 & 1604)
- 8503 NW Military Hwy. 78231 (Near Wurzbach)
- 6030 Montgomery Dr. 78239 (410 & IH-35)
Visit the closest lemonade stand to you and help support these future business leaders!