The annual NISD College Night event will be held Tuesday, Oct. 15 from 6-8:30 pm drawing more than 140 colleges and universities from across the nation.
Thousands of NISD students are expected to attend the event which will be held in the Recreation and Wellness Center at the University of Texas at San Antonio on the Loop 1604 campus.
“College Night is an extraordinary event that provides students and their parents the opportunity to become more familiar with institutions of higher education from all over Texas and the nation,” said Dr. Deborah Healy, Director of Guidance and Counseling. “This face-to-face interaction with representatives from various colleges and universities is informative for parents and a valuable experience for our students when faced with making some important decisions about their future.”
Due to the volume of attendees to the event, it is suggested that students arrive at varying times based on which high school they attend. Recommended times are:
· 6-6:50 pm – Jay HS, Science and Engineering Academy, Marshall HS, Taft HS, and Communications Arts HS.
· 6:50-7:40 pm – Holmes HS, Business Careers HS, Stevens HS, Warren HS, Construction Careers Academy, and Brennan HS
· 7:40-8:30 pm – Health Careers HS, Clark HS, Brandeis HS, and O’Connor HS
Plenty of parking is available at the Dub Farris Athletic Complex on Loop 1604. Buses will shuttle participants to and from UTSA every 15 minutes from 5:45 to 9 p.m. Limited parking is also available at the UTSA campus in Brackenridge Lot 1-4 by entering the campus from UTSA Boulevard off of Interstate 10.
Students should remember to:
· Bring a pencil and paper
· Decide which representative to visit before arrival
· Think about questions for the college representative ahead of time
· Ask for the college representative's business card.