Northside ISD will begin registration for pre-kindergarten beginning July 12 from 7:30 a.m. until 3 p.m. at the Northside Activity Center located at 7001 Culebra Road.
Parents should look at the NISD school boundaries information system at the boundaries and buses website to see where their child will attend school. The following are the dates parents should register their child, according to school:
- Monday, July 12, 2010 Boone, Braun Station, Burke, Driggers, Glass, Glenn, Helotes, Hoffmann, Knowlton, Krueger, Leon Springs, Lewis, Linton, Meadow Village, Scobee, Steubing and Wanke elementary schools.
- Tuesday, July 13, 2010 Adams Hill, Behlau, Cable, Cody, Carlos Coon, Elrod, Evers, Forester, Langley, McDermott, Murnin, Myers, Nichols, Northwest Crossing, Oak Hills Terrace, Raba and Westwood Terrace elementary schools.
- Wednesday, July 14, 2010 Esparza, Fernandez, Fisher, Glenoaks, Hatchett, Howsman, Mary Hull, Lackland City, Kuentz, Locke Hill, May, Michael, Ott, Passmore, Powell, Valley Hi and Villarreal elementary schools.
- Thursday, July 15, 2010 Aue, Beard, Blattman, Brauchle, Carnahan, Carson, Colonies North, Galm, Henderson, Leon Valley, Martin, Mead, Rhodes, Scarborough, Thornton, Timberwilde and Ward elementary schools.
In order to be eligible for the Pre-Kindergarten program, state law requires that children must be 4 years of age on or before Sept 1, and (one of the following):
- either unable to speak or comprehend the English language, or
- educationally disadvantaged (eligible to participate in National Free/Reduced Lunch Program, or
- homeless, or
- the child of an active-duty member of the armed forces of the U.S., including state military forces, reserved component of the armed forces, member who was killed, injured, or missing in action, or
- Have been in the conservatorship (foster care) of the Department of Family and Protective Services (DFPS) following an adversary hearing.
When registering for pre-kindergarten, parents need:
- an original, certified copy of the child's birth certificate,
- an updated immunization record for the child,
- child's social security card (optional)
- proof of residence, and
- proof of gross income.
Additional documentation is required for military personnel.
For more information about the pre-kindergarten curriculum, school hours, and details on eligibility and documentation, visit the Pre-K and Kindergarten department web site.