The first Los Reyes Elementary School was founded in 1871 and served to educate the children of the Helotes area and the outlying ranches. It was located on the Morales Ranch. This school closed, and the second Los Reyes School opened in 1912 on property owned by Frank Madla. There was no electricity or running water, and the students came to school on foot or by horseback. The 3rd Los Reyes Elementary School opened in about 1918 and was moved in 1939 to the present site of Helotes Elementary. Students walked along Bandera Road, as the small ranching community continued to grow.
The Northside Independent School District is committed to the belief that children come first. The mission of the district is to encourage each student to strive for personal excellence and to ensure all students learn to function, contribute, and compete as responsible individuals in an ever-changing world.
Celebrating our uniqueness
Seeking our potential
Mascot & Colors
Los Reyes' mascot is the Longhorn. Our colors are red and cream.