Leon Valley Elementary has the privilege of being one of the first schools in Northside. In 1894 a group of gentlemen started a school in present day Leon Valley on 2 acres of land and named it Evers School. It was located on the east corner of Evers and Huebner roads. After 2 years as a private school, it became Evers School District #5-1/2. For most of its early existence Evers School had one teacher that taught 5 grades. The Leon Valley Common School District #5-1/2 was created in 1924. Evers School was relocated and a new school named Leon Valley by Henry Steubing was built on the corner of Bandera and Grissom roads. In the 1948-1949 school year, Leon Valley, Helotes, Locke Hill, Mackey, and Leon Springs consolidated and became Northside Common School District. By 1958 Leon Valley had its first full time principal, Mr. James Carson and a new building containing a library and 5 classrooms was constructed. In 1979, the school and students moved to the present location 7111 Huebner Road.