The Northside Independent School District Gifted/Talented and Enrichment Program focuses on the following program goals:
- Provide an enrichment program to stimulate the talents of G/T students.
- Guide students to develop a healthy self-concept and to acquire complex skills for collaborative conflict resolution and teamwork.
- Implement the principles of divergent thinking and foster higher order thinking skills such as analysis, synthesis, and evaluation.
- Promote creative problem-solving for real world issues.
- Provide opportunities for self-directed learning and assessment.
- Arrange experiences which promote the ongoing development of task commitment and adjustment to rapid change.
- Encourage an attitude of responsible service to others.
- Promote a global perspective in which the students can interact with their peers and with outstanding adults.
- Assist students in making career choices which help them to become productive, well-rounded citizens.
State Goal for Services of Gifted Students
The Texas State Plan for the Education of Gifted/Talented Students – Revised 2009