The Rawlinson Innovator of the Year Recognition program began in 2003 and is named for Mr. Ed Rawlinson, a long-time educator and Superintendent of Schools for the Northside Independent School District (ISD).
All current Northside Independent School District employees are eligible to be nominated for this recognition. For the purpose of this recognition program, innovation is defined as a creative idea that is successfully implemented. This often requires creative solutions to problems encountered in the journey from idea to product, and may include one or more of the following:
- Creation or initiation of a new product or process;
- Introduction of a new process, product or method that has improved the current practice;
- Development of new and successful products, processes, organizations, management practices, and strategies.
The innovation should meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Ground Breaking: The innovation led to successful implementation of a new product or service, or an improvement in organization or process.
- Improvement: The innovation improves an existing process, product or practice.
- Efficiency: The innovation contributes to a more efficient way of doing things.
- Cost Effectiveness: The innovation adds a value to the district, department or campus while concurrently containing or reducing costs.
- Creativity: The innovation should be as original as possible or the adaptation should be creative.
- Timeliness: The innovation should not be more than five years old.