The Rawlinson Innovator of the Year Recognition program began in 2003 and is named for Mr. Ed Rawlinson, a long-time educator and Superintendent of Schools for the Northside Independent School District (ISD).
- Creation or initiation of a new product or process;
- Introduction of a new process, product or method that has improved the current practice;
- Development of new and successful products, processes, organizations, management practices, and strategies.
- Ground Breaking: The innovation led to successful implementation of a new product or service, or an improvement in organization or process.
- Improvement: The innovation improves an existing process, product or practice.
- Efficiency: The innovation contributes to a more efficient way of doing things.
- Cost Effectiveness: The innovation adds a value to the district, department or campus while concurrently containing or reducing costs.
- Creativity: The innovation should be as original as possible or the adaptation should be creative.
- Timeliness: The innovation should not be more than five years old.